Wednesday, December 17, 2014




Part A

1. http://ge110davids.blogspot.com/
2. The blog itself was well laid out template wise but I felt I was staring at a wall of text on each subject.
3. the template is nice but most of the images were not formatted and fall in between sentences making it awkward to read around them.
4. information was well covered (5)
5. images are inline with text and text is often in large unbroken blocks (4)
6. readability wise, I like mine better (fits with my reading/comprehension style) visually, his has more time into the template design.

1. http://ge110mikere.blogspot.com/
2. well formatted, large font (I can read it with my glasses), broken down into easily readable modules.
3. template is simple but he put time into making it his own.
4. information was well covered (5)
5. well laid out, text was broken up with bullet points, font size changes and color changes (5)
6. better for the most part, although it could have used a few more visual aids towards the end.

1. http://ge110kaitlynco.blogspot.com/
2. it's very white!
3. none, it's the default template, only the first blog post is there.
4. (1) there isn't any content beyond the first post
5. (3) very easily read, there's one post.
6. mine is a lot better, just comparing template and first posts. White is way to bright to read off of.
 
Part B
In 200 words, provide an overview of new things you have learned in this class. Also critique the class and make suggestions for improvement. What worked for you, what did not?

 I thought this class was very interesting and pretty well laid out. I didn't know about the Turkish guest workers were a heavy cultural influence in Germany (but I suppose it's similar to America's Mexican influences). I had also never heard of the RAF before, this was a particularly interesting topic because I've read a lot about revolutionaries and militant groups but the RAF never came up. lastly, I was interested in how Germans didn't have a body complex like most Americans do. (Saunas, beaches, movies, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment